How many people are in the Household?
What is the definition?
We may need some information about people in your household who live with you or are listed on your tax return, who do not have Medi-Cal and who do not want to apply for Medi-Cal.Sample MC 216
Please note that, Medi-Cal wants to cover everyone and may go beyond the law to gather information to do that. There are also many other programs that Medi-Cal has that you might qualify for and no one would know unless they asked. Such as:
Scroll down to view Household Size Flow Chart
MAGI Modified Adjusted Gross Income for Covered CA Subsidies and Enhanced Silver citing IRS 26 USC § 151 appears to only apply to those actually on your tax return. Please contact competent tax counsel. We do not give tax or legal advise. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance VITA
Federal regulatory reference is 42 CFR 435.603
Western Poverty Law on Tax Filer Rules
Orange County Covered OC FAQ # 5 – doesn’t really answer your question.
Disability Benefits 101 – Medi-Cal the Details
Please click on the Sub or child page below that fits your situation.
- Bank Statement Review
- Confusing Forms – No Telephone Support – Web Vistor Q & A
- Covered CA – Don’t want Medi-Cal for the kids – redetermination form?
- Household Definition – Who counts?
- MC 216 Income & Expense Definitions
- MC 262 Long-Term Care Medi-Cal Renewal
We’ve divided up four sub-pages the major classifications of tax filing status of those who may apply-qualify for Medi-Cal. See child pages below.
IRS and CPA Video on Tax Filing Status
- Claimed as a dependent Household Definition f 2
- Family Members? vs Household Question 15 A MC 262
- Married Couples Household definition f 4
- Not Claimed as Tax Dependent – Household Definition F 1