Bank Statement Review
Will a $40 transfer Birthday give from my biological father in Mexico (I live in CA) will be ok w/ MediCal annual redetermination on the bank statement. [one of the accepted proofs on income]
Disclaimer- We are not paid to help with Medi-Cal and are not tax accountants.
Follow Up Question
However, the month before my fathers transfer was my bday & I desperately asked for cash
***How much cash are we talking about? Was it a gift? Loan? Here’s the best I could find on the Internet about what might be reviewed – discovered in a bank statement.
bc my HOA increased & I’ll be unable to pay my bills. so I deposited every cent I had-$220 the previous month-the total amount of my bday gifts (more than usual obviously but I think my family is worried I’m going to lose my condo). So I’m worried if they ask for another bank statement from the month before it will show that huge bday money deposit. And it said u can only have $60 deposited quarterly I just read online???
***Please when citing facts, provide the URL – Internet Address.
If my redetermination date is Nov; papers mailed in Oct do u know if I have Til Nov 30th? Should I wait Til my next bank statement comes out- bc I NEVER have deposits like that- this was just a one time thing& it could cost me so much. I’m so scared.
***The way I see it, this is gift income and doesn’t count towards MAGI. See disclaimer above.
Even if it did, near as I can tell, from the income chart, one person can earn up to 138% of Federal Poverty Level $16k or so. Your $1,091/month would be $13,092 so you’ve got a $3k cushion anyway.
Even if you went to $17k, you would qualify for $307/month premium subsidy, Silver 94 benefits and a net premium of as low as $39.
Please put your correct MAGI income into the “draft” quote we sent you and see where things are at. Also, please advise what line 37 on your tax return should be, plus foreign income, social security – send your 1099 and tax exempt interest.
To start fresh on a complementary quote, click here.
I was just lost bc [because] I don’t think I have it thru covered CA. As far as I know at least. Nothing on my app says anything about that or those plans.
***You’re referring to the quotes from our complementary engine for those who earn enough for Covered CA tax credits – subsidies. Covered CA wants to have everyone go through their portal. One can just go directly to Medi-Cal. Here’s their contact information. In Los Angeles County, one can enroll online.
I think I got it bc of my low income & disabilities.
***Sounds right. Right, near as we can tell Medi-Cal is automatic if one qualifies for SSI.
I find Medicare almost useless bc it only covers 80% & I obviously can’t cover a penny of the other 20%-
***You might look at Medi-Medi Plans
I’m so desperate to keep the medi-Cal (bc it covers the rest- …. MediCal & SMLB (the SMLB helps cover the Medicare deductible & copay a etc).
Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB), or the Qualifying Individual-1 Q
I -1) programs. The State will pay Medicare Parts A and B premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance fees for persons eligible for the QMB program. The State will pay Medicare Part B premiums for persons eligible for SLMB or Q I -1.
I’m so scared. All bc of those transfers.
***I doubt it. See above about 138% of Federal Poverty Level and your cushion. There is also a difference in some Medi-Cal programs on qualification. As a Covered CA agent, I’m pretty much only familar with MAGI Income Qualification, not asset tests. There are also different rules for qualifing for nursing home coverage.
***Medi-Cal asking too many questions might work in your favor? There might be MORE benefits they can offer you.
I only have SSDI, no SSI & I have medicare because of my disabilities (I got it after a year on Social security)
***Normally it’s two years. Learn More ===> ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10029
and also Medi-Cal
i’m assuming I think it was because of my low income which is only the SSDI.
Related pages inSection
- Bank Statement Review
- Confusing Forms – No Telephone Support – Web Vistor Q & A
- Covered CA – Don’t want Medi-Cal for the kids – redetermination form?
- Household Definition – Who counts?
- MC 216 Income & Expense Definitions
- MC 262 Long-Term Care Medi-Cal Renewal
We can’t afford to do Covered CA’s and Medi-Cal’s work to answer your questions. Please use our contact page and talk to someone who is getting a great salary and benefits to help you. Try their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CoveredCA/
Try calling the Insurance Company that is handling your Medi-Cal.
- Health Net Solutions
- LA Care
- Provider Lists & Reimbursement
- What are the benefits? Coverages?