Medi Cal Contact Info


Email Addresses & Phone #'s: 

Email  [email protected] regarding your Medi-Cal eligibility.  If the question contains details specific to the county case, the district office that handles the case can answer. 


Medi-Cal helpline, at (800) 541-5555.1


Email: [email protected] 1


Phone: 1-888-452-8609 1

 Email:   [email protected] 1

The Office of Ombudsman cannot approve/terminate/reinstate Medi-Cal eligibility; alter aid codes, change/update addresses, change/update name or initiate inter-county transfers.


[email protected]   Ms. Leslie Benson (confirmed 11.12.2015)

Complex Questions Assistance

Call Disability Rights California at 1-800-776-5746.

Covered CA Facebook Page 

Medi-Cal for All Children program 

[email protected]


1  Verified 6.7.2019

Medi Cal - County Office Lookup

County Offices

Appeal & Hearing Rights

Health Care Services and Benefits

You have the right to ask for an appeal if you disagree with the denial of a health care service or benefit.

If you are in a Medi-Cal managed care plan and you get a Notice of Action letter telling you that a health care service or benefit is denied, you have the right to ask for an appeal.

You must file an appeal with your plan within 60 days of the date on the Notice of Action. After you file your appeal, the plan will send you a decision within 30 days. If you do not get a decision within 30 days or are not happy with the plan’s decision, you can then ask for a State Fair Hearing. A judge will review your case.  You must first file an appeal with your plan before you can ask for a State Fair Hearing. You must ask for a State Fair Hearing within 120 days of the date of the plan’s written appeal decision.

If you are in Fee-for-Service Medi-Cal and you get a Notice of Action letter telling you that a health service or benefit has been denied, you have the right to ask for a State Fair Hearing right away. You must ask for a State Fair Hearing within 90 days of the date on the Notice of Action.

You also have the right to ask for a State Fair Hearing if you disagree with what is happening with your Medi-Cal application or eligibility. This can be when:

• You do not agree with a county or State action on your Medi-Cal application
• The county does not give you a decision about your Medi-Cal application within 45 or 90 days
• Your Medi-Cal eligibility or Share of Cost changes Eligibility Decisions

If you get a Notice of Action letter telling you about an eligibility decision that you disagree with, you can talk to your county eligibility worker and/or ask for a State Fair Hearing. If you cannot solve your disagreement through the county, you must request a State Fair
Hearing within 90 days of the date on the Notice of Action. You can ask for a State Fair Hearing by contacting your local county office. You can also call or write to:

California Department of Social Services
Public Inquiry and Response
PO Box 944243, M.S. 9-17-37
Sacramento, CA 94244-2430
1-800-743-8525, (TTY 1-800-952-8349)

You can also file a hearing request online at: 

If you believe you have been unlawfully discriminated against on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation, you can make a complaint to the DHCS Office of Civil Rights.

You can learn how to make a discrimination complaint in “Federally Required Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements” on page 21.

About State Fair Hearings

The State will tell you it got your hearing request. You will get a notice of the time, date and place of your hearing. A hearing representative will review your case and try to resolve your issue. If the county/State offers you an agreement to solve your issue, you will get it in writing.

You can give permission in writing for a friend, family member or advocate to help you at the hearing. If you cannot fully solve your issue with the county or State, you or your representative must attend the State Fair Hearing. Your hearing can be in person or by phone. A judge who does not work for the county or Medi-Cal program will hear your case.

You have the right to free language help. List your language on your hearing request. Or tell the hearing representative you would like a free interpreter. You cannot use family or friends to interpret for you at the hearing.

If you have a disability and need reasonable accommodations to fully take part in the Fair Hearing process, you may call 1-800-743-8525 (TTY 1-800-952-8349).

You can also send an email to To get help with your hearing, you can ask for a legal aid referral. You may get free legal help at your local
legal aid or welfare rights office MyMedi-Cal Pamphlet *


See also our webpage on appeals & grievances,  Medicare Appeals & grievances.


Insurance Agents pretty much can't help you with Medi Cal

Excerpt of email from DHCA

Thank you for contacting the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).

We are prohibited by law from sharing Protected Health Information (PHI), and Personal Confidential Information (PCI).

Please refer the consumer to the Medi-Cal Now In-Box at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist them with any Medi-Cal issues they may have.

Protected Health Information (PHI) is individually identifiable health information that describes the past, present, or future physical or mental health or the condition of an individual. PHI includes information about the health care services an individual has received or will receive and information about payment for health care services provided in the past, present, or future. Personal confidential information (PCI) is information that is not public which identifies or describes an individual including names, home addresses, home telephone numbers, Social Security Numbers, medical or employment histories, personnel records, licensing records or workers’ compensation. Thank you for allowing DHCS to serve you.  Email dated 6.5.2017  10:43 AM   

Try Covered CA's Facebook Page


Dental for Everyone

Dental for Everyone

Dental For Everyone, has an excellent  website with full brochures, online quoting and enrollment 



Call Blue Cross Direct - They don't pay me to help you with Medi-Cal
Call Blue Cross Direct - They don't pay me to help you with Medi-Cal Call Blue Cross Direct - Medi-Cal's Website - Contact Page, including secure email to ask a question

Term Life Quotes

Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation 

Tools to help you figure out how much you should get

Life Insurance Buyers Guide

CA Department of Insurance

NAIC Buyers Guide

Video on how much coverage for death protection you need

Direct Phone # for Medi Cal
Direct Phone # 866.613.3777

Too much Income for Medi-Cal?[1]

Guaranteed Issue - No Pre X Clause -
Quote & Subsidy Calculation for
Covered CA
No charge for our services 

37 comments on “Contact Info – Medi-Cal

  1. who do i contact,

    i moved from los angeles county to san diego county i had aid code 6c means zero share of cost i get to san diego and i get told by person at eligability divsion i told them what i just said, she said oh ya you are disabled adult child code 6c no share of cost she said she fixed it in the system but when i call the 800 number they still see the old code so if it doesn’t get fixed who can i complain to? besides them…also any idea how long the system takes to update when they change stuff? like a aid code?

    what i forgot to say is at first she was saying i would have a share of cost and i told her my aid code should be 6c because of what benefits im on she was like oh ya your right and said she fixed it she even sent me a screen shot with aid code im supposed to be on but when i called the 800 number they still see share of cost instead of code im supposed to be on

    Medi-Cal Aid Code

  2. Hello,
    I’ve applied for Medi-Cal for my father. He has only SS income of about $1200/mo and he lives alone. He was originally denied Medi-Cal because he had Medicare. He now does not have Medicare so we have applied again. I have a few questions.
    1. Can he be disqualified for cash reserves in his bank accounts (he has a total of about $15,000)?
    2. What would be the best plan to get (Molina, etc) if he wants Medi-Cal primarily for emergency and ambulance service? (He has Veterans medical benefits for his ongoing health issues, but no emergency transport near him).
    3. I took a look at the chart about Silver plans – I have not seen this information before. Does it apply to Medi-Cal recipients? Or only Covered California (non Medi-Cal)? If it does apply to Medi-Cal recipients, what would you suggest for my father?

    Thank you

  3. Im 22, live with my mother, but she doesn’t support me nor will she file me as her dependent.

    Do I have to add her on my application.

    Because I have added her and previous applications and have been denied so many times probably, likely because she makes “too much” money according to medi-cal.

  4. My mom received a packet about her medi-cal, however, she misplaced it. How will I get the actual form being sent to her. I am afraid we missed the deadline. Can we get another form sent to her again or can we get it online. Please help. Thank you.

  5. 1 I am my Mom’s POAHC (Power of attorney for Health Care) and POA and we paid a attorney office to file Mom’s original eligibility for Medi-Cal and now I am told we have to file redetermination forms.

    2 I am waiting for the Attorney to forward me the forms and I found a form on-line MC 210 RV [8 pages of instructions] and it is requesting MY personal information be part of the information.

    3 Mom is currently in a SNF [Skilled Nursing Facility] and is Incapacitated and unable to fill out these forms.

    4 Is it your understanding that the person filling out the form place his/her personal information into a redetermination form?

    5 I am in the county of San Diego so who can I contact for answers?

    6 Oh by the way the Attorney’s office wants a $750 retainer to fill out these forms and Mom’s estate has been reduced to nothing. Do they expect me to come out of pocket for this? EVIDENTLY!

  6. Fyi….I did not receive the return address to mail back the Medi Cal Redetermination form too. Your link to the map helped but I hope I’m sending it to the right office.

  7. I received the Medi-Cal Redetermination form. I live at xxx S. Kenmore Ave., Los Angeles, CA
    90005. Please email me the mailing address or Fax number to send my form back to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. logo