LA Care (visit their website) is a participant in Covered CA., but not direct (outside of Covered CA) and Medi-Cal. No premium cost for Medi-Cal, however, those of us working and earning a living pay for Medi Cal with our taxes.
Here’s a direct link to their Medi-Cal benefits and enrollment information. Please note that as Certified Agents for Covered CA we do NOT get compensated for Medi-Cal business. These pages are provided as public service(Leviticus 19:9) – Pro Bono and incidental to our business in the private marketplace.
Phone 1-888-839-9909 TTY 711
L.A. Care continues to grow its network to expand the number of doctors, hospitals and medical groups within its provider network. Since 2013, it has more than doubled the number hospitals and expanded its contracts with medical groups, which includes Health Care Partners. L.A. Care has also exponentially increased the number of primary care physicians and specialists in its network.
The impressive list of available L.A. Care Covered hospitals
includes some of the highest-quality, top-ranked institutions in the area, including:
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Alhambra Hospital Medical Center
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center
- Huntington Hospital
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
- and more lacare.org/find-doctor-or-hospital
L.A. Care will reward L.A. Care Covered members for taking the right steps to improve their health! By participating in L.A. Care’s My Health In Motion Program and successfully completing their health appraisal survey, health coaching plan, tobacco cessations workshop (if a smoker), and healthy weight workshop, L.A. Care Covered members can earn up to 215 points (1 point = $1 in gift cards). These points can be redeemed for gift cards to more than 100 retail outlets.
L.A. Care Family Resource Centers offer a vibrant space for the community members to come together and learn skills for a healthy life. They offer free health education and exercise classes that are open to everyone.
L.A. Care Health Plan members can get one-on-one help to learn more about the following:
- Member orientation
- Choosing a doctor
- Making an appointment
View prior versions of this page on Archive.org
2020 Rate Filing
- Medi-Cal Member Handbook (English)
- Medi-Cal Member Handbook (Spanish)
- Errata for 2015-2016 Medi-Cal Member Handbook/Evidence of Coverage
- Errata for 2015-2016 Medi-Cal Member Handbook/Evidence of Coverage (Spanish)
- Provider, Facility & Pharmacy Directory Vol. 1
- Provider Finder for Medi-Cal
- Specialist Directory Vol. 2
- How and when to obtain referrals and authorizations for specific services
- Pharmacy Locator
- Plans at a glance – metal levels – Enhanced Silver
- Plan Summaries & Evidence of Coverage (Member Handbook) & Formulary
- How to make a payment
- L.A. Care Agent Toolkit
- Talking Points for Silver to Gold Buy-Up Call Campaign
- Silver to Gold Buy-Up Comparison Charts
- Recording of our “Inside Look at L.A. Care” webinar
- Click here to download a pdf of L.A. Care Updates for OEP 2018
Covered CA Certified Agent
No extra charge if you qualify for Covered CA Subsidies.
We don't get compensated to help you with Medi Cal. Here's Medi-Cal's contact information.
Get a Covered CA Quote, including subsidy calculation
Video on why you should have an agent