Adult Medi Cal Dental Benefit
Full Restoration Effective January 1, 2018
Covered CA Certified Agent
No extra charge if you qualify for Covered CA Subsidies.
We don't get compensated to help you with Medi Cal. Here's Medi-Cal's contact information.
Medi-Cal offers comprehensive preventative and restorative dental benefits to both children and adults.
You can find a Medi-Cal dentist on the Denti-Cal Provider Referral List, or by calling 1-800-322-6384.
In addition, Senate Bill 97 (Chapter 52, Statutes of 2017) fully restored adult optional dental benefits that were not restored in May 2014. This policy is effective January 1, 2018. Restored benefits will include, for example:
- Laboratory processed crowns,
- posterior root canal therapy,
- periodontal services,
- and partial dentures, including denture adjustments, repairs, and relines.
The full dental benefits are listed in the Dental Provider Handbook, Section 5, Manual of Criteria, posted on the Denti-Cal website. More information is available on the DHCS Medi-Cal Dental Program website.
Adult Dental benefits that will remain in place and do not change as a result of the 2014 or 2018 restorations:
- Pregnancy-related services
- Emergency services
- Services provided to residents of an Intermediate Care Facility/Skilled Nursing Facility
- Services provided to consumers of the Department of Developmental Services
More detail of what procedures