Cal Fresh (Food Stamps)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP
♦ 200% FPL
Los Angeles wants to enroll more people in Food Stamps – Los Angeles Times 5.30.2017
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy. A more detailed program description and information can be found on the WIC website.
- Food Banks and Rescue Programs is a listing of food banks and rescue programs throughout California.
Food Insecurity – Links between poor health & poor diet
Restaurant Meals to Seniors
The program will provide each senior $66 a day for the meals and that it will be focused on those who are at “high risk for exposure” to COVID-19 or have an income of no more than 600% of the federal poverty level, or about $76,500 a year.
Enroll in the program
Great Plates Delivered: Home Meals for Seniors
Governor Gavin Newsom announced the launch of a first-in-the-nation "Great Plates Delivered" program, a meal delivery service for California's older adults.
Great Plates Delivered has two purposes:
- Help seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19 to stay home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals a day, and
- Provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
Want to get meals?
- City of Los Angeles (Dept of Aging Hotline): 213-263-5226, 9am-5pm
- Los Angeles County: 1-800-510-2020 or request updates
Want to provide meals?
Read more details below if you'd like to receive meals, supply meals, or help administer the program.
Here are additional resources that are available now:
- Enter your location into 211.org to find local services, such as nutrition, financial, health care, and housing assistance. Every community has an Aging and Adult Info Line to connect to aging and adult services: 1-800-510-2020.
- Visit the California Department of Aging's COVID-19 page for a list of resources for older and other at-risk adults.
- Do you suspect someone is being neglected or abused? Call Adult Protective Services at 833-401-0832.
- Suspect fraud? AARP has a Fraud Watch Network Helpline: 877-908-3360.
- Concerned about someone with dementia or Alzheimer's or their caregiver? Call the Alzheimer's Association: 800-272-3900.
Our Webpage on
Western Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Watch your sugar intake
Google Ad Sense